Friday, December 12, 2008

Beautiful moonrise yesterday evening. The chill that settled in immediately after the sun set behind the hills made me yearn to be in the sun on the other side of the river. I always have a slight feeling of reluctance trying to capture scenes like this, because you lose the movement and real sense of seasonal drama that "being there" gives you. (It doesn't help that my camera sucks, either.) I was up there for almost an hour waiting for the mountains to turn a nice shade of pink, and by the time I headed back down the hill I'd have to say that my hands were pleasantly numb.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. Such a treat to see the moon in Portland in December.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got it!

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes me homesick and I don't even live in Portland!!

dwn

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home